Music Explorer Course, information highlight:
- Ideal for 3-5 year olds who have not yet started school, kindergarteners who are slower learners or very active, or children who are not yet familiar with their alphabet or numbers
- It is a 3 part course, split into 3 x 12 week courses. You can choose to only attend the first course and progress to private lessons if your child is settling in well and the teacher feels formal lessons may be appropriate.
- Small group classes.
- Lessons run on Saturdays, mornings and afternoons, for 35 mins. Please be prompt as classes are short and there are other members in the class.
- Cost- $330 (GST Inclusive) per 12 week course. ($27.50 per lesson) Materials are separate.
- Refundable 2 weeks deposit for initial new student sign up.
- Annual Administration Fee $20, charge annually.
What the course covers
- Basic concepts of music
- High and low sounds (pitch)
- Rhythm basics
- Music reading
- Keyboard geography
- Coordination of hands and fingers
- Playing percussion instruments
The Music Explorers course, first and foremost, is about EXPLORING. Children around this age are just beginning to explore the world. The piano and music is just another area for them to discover. The course is interactive, switches between various activities during the lesson, is fast paced, and more importantly, FUN!